Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Tribute to The Veterans

Today is Veteran's Day and while most people enjoy this day as a day to sleep in, or not have school, today is a day that we should remember all of our Military men and women both past, present, and future. Joining the military and being in the military is one of the greatest sacrifices I can imagine. Being willing to die for your neighbor, brother, sister, and country. Truly inspiring.

Because we live in Virginia Beach - a Military City, I know so many wives who live months with out their spouses, raise babies, and even give birth while their hubbies are away - SERVING. It is a sacrifice all around. So thank you to those that serve, those that have served, and the families that endure it all. Thank you. May God bless our troops now and always!

Thank you also to my amazing hubby. One of the most humble US Marines I have ever met. Never asking for a pat on the back, never looking for praise, just always willing to SERVE. I love him for that! Happy Veteran's Day honey! Love you and thank you for serving our Nation! We all know that Freedom comes for a price and I thank God that you will be able to share stories with our girls and teach them to appreciate what Military men and women do for us as Americans!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017