Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Fourth Road Trip

Sierra - July 4th, 2009


The girls and I are gearing up for another road trip! Chyler will be 4 months old on Sunday and this will already be her 2nd trip to New York. She is becoming well traveled, just like her sister was at her age.

We are heading up to Binghamton, NY this weekend. As you might recall (then again, maybe I didn't blog about it) we spent July 4th weekend in Binghamton last year. My grandparents memorial stone had been put in at the cemetery so we went up to plant flowers and they also had a memorial Mass and brunch for my grandmother and grandfather, who both passed away in 2008. My dad has several cousins and they all had traveled in for the weekend. It was a great time and we loved hanging out at the lake house, watching fireworks, etc.

Last year I was 6 weeks pregnant with Chyler and no one knew except for me and Brian; but I was trying to hide the fact that I was extremely nauseous. I actually ended up vomiting in my Mom's van and that is how I broke the news to them that I was "ummm, not just car sick, but actually carrying grand baby number 5!!!" This year, now that I am not pregnant, but instead nursing, so I feel like I could eat a pig every day...I am very much looking forward to the BBQ and all the fun and fellowship with family.

I hope Sierra loves the "boom-booms" (as she called them last year) as much as she did then and I am praying for good sleep for both of them as I once again drag them out of their routine and elements! Fun times! :) The good news is, we will at least get a break from the heat. The highs are predicted to only be in the 70's. That means we can actually be outside and play on the playground and (free) park carousels, and not burn up from a 105 degree heat index. :)

I look forward to sharing pictures and videos upon our return. Until then, Happy 4th to everyone! Enjoy and be safe!!!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017