Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chyler Anne is 5 Months Old

Chyler Anne is now 5 months old!!! Time really is flying this summer. :)


She is getting so big and changing daily. She is still eating great, about 4 times per day and loving her sleep! She sleeps great at night and also continues to nap really well. She is too young to only be taking one nap, but somethings she wakes up around 7 or 8am and then goes right back down and will sleep till about 10 or 11am. When she does that, I count that as her morning nap. She then will take an afternoon nap and sometimes sleep for more than 3 hours!!! :) She is such a good little sleeper. I certainly can't complain. I have not been as strict as I was with Sierra and she will still fall asleep in my arms if she gets really tired. Sierra would never do that at this age. Chyler is a little snuggler though. She loves to snuggle and cuddle! Mama loves that, of course!!!
She is such a wonderful perfect little happy baby. I honestly can say that she is always so content, so happy, and so peaceful. God knew exactly what I needed when he sent me this little angel baby. I am totally in love with her sweet self.

She is still not rolling over, chubby little thing! She manages to get on her side, and she favors her left side, but still will not completely roll over. Oddly enough, she rolled over when she was 3.5 months old and I thought for sure she was going to be much more mobile than Sierra was. However, I have realized that clearly every child is different and Chyler is certainly taking her own time to get moving. :) It probably doesn't help that this Mama holds her way more than we ever held Sierra. I just can't help snuggling my sweet baby when ever I get the chance! She did discover her toes though! She loves grabbing her toes and playing with them. She does this a lot when her toes are uncovered and she is nursing. It is so cute to watch.


She also has more consistently been discovering her thumb. At first she was just sucking her thumb on and off, but now it is a more consistent thing. She pretty much has her thumb in her mouth any time she is fussy or tired. I hope this is a habit that will be easily broken. Yikes!


She is a traveling fool too! :) She has been to New York 3 times now and to the Outer Banks for our family vacation as well. She will also make a trip to South Carolina later this month. She definitely has many miles on her little feet already. She is a wonderful traveler, just like her big sis! :)

Here she is bouncing in a jumper at Brian's Mother's house in NY


Of course all our traveling has allowed us to spend time with family. Here is Chyler hanging out with her Mimi in Charlottesville.
I had her weighed the other day, and since her 4 month check-up, she has almost gained another pound...sitting pretty close to the 18 pound mark! :) At her 4 month check-up the doctor asked us about starting her on a sippy cup of water and also giving her solid foods. I am pretty passionate about waiting until that 6 month mark though. Sierra didn't start solids until she was 6.5 months old and I think it was a great idea to wait until she was fully ready. I do not believe that Chyler is ready yet, so we will wait it out again. Besides, I love that she is nursing so well and I know that the breast milk is really the best for her right now any ways.

She is constantly making noises now. She loves to blow raspberries with her mouth and tongue and is babbling away as she sits in her exersaucer or lays on her activity mat. Can't wait to hear her start talking for real. I am sure Sierra will love that too. The two of them just adore each other and it is so precious to witness.


We love you so much Chyler! You are so precious to us! Don't grow up so fast...Mama will miss the "baby" moments. Thank you Lord for blessing us with her precious life!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017