Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chyler Anne - 7 months old - Month in Review


Because I have been a bit behind on posting “monthly updates” I have decided that I am going to post a “month in review” type of post to report how much Chyler is growing and changing. So with that, here is a “report” on Chyler’s 7th month!

Chyler’s 7th month of life has been very full.

Not only have we been on many great adventures, including, but not limited to, another road trip to Rochester, New York and a week spent at Mimi & Papa’s house in Richmond, Virginia, we have also grown by leaps and bounds too.

Chyler hanging out with her "Great" Aunts in New York
Chyler started solids this month and her favorites by far are squash and avocados. We only did rice (which we made at home) for about a week or two and then we moved right into veggies and fruits. She has enjoyed everything she has tried so far. I followed the same list of first foods that Sierra did, and she has shown no dislikes for any of them. Girl loves to eat!

The cutest pumpkin in the patch!
She finally started rolling over both ways and although she still prefers her back and sleeps only on her back, she will on occasion roll from side to side while playing. She does get on her tummy on occasion, and I still try to do the tummy time, although she is not really a big fan. But when she is on her tummy, she is pushing up more, but still not showing any signs of wanting or desiring to crawl.

Finding her toes! :)
She also perfected sitting up on own this month and loves to sit and play and watch her big sister. Her balance has become nearly perfect this month and she hardly has any moments where she falls over now.
She is loving being able to sit up and play with toys now

This month marked a big milestone where she started taking baths with big sister. This is pretty hysterical, especially since Sierra taught Chyler how to splash on day 1. I don’t think we ever really “taught” Sierra how to splash; well, it is safe to say that now we have two splashing kiddos in the tub! Chyler absolutely LOVES to sit up in the big bath tub with her sister where they play and laugh and SPLASH! Aside from loving the tub, she just adores her big sister and I love watching their budding friendship. Can't wait to experience even more "sister" moments with them.
Big Sister is always right there for a protecting hand :)
Not too sure of the dogs we were looking at, even if big sister was "protecting" her
Sweet girls
Sweet play mates
I foresee lots more moments like this
Readers :)
When we started solid foods, we also started the introduction of sign language. I am hoping she can pick up on the same basic signs that Sierra learned. Sierra signing was a HUGE blessing to me; it really cut out a lot of tantrums, screaming, etc. The ability for them to communicate before they are able to talk is huge and very helpful to a busy mama like me. Some of the beginning signs we are doing are “more”, “please”, “thank you”, “down”, and “milk” (using this one for “nurse” more or less). She watches me, but isn’t sure yet how to make the connection. I am hopeful that it will come.

She definitely knows what the word “no” is though and thanks to her big sister she started shaking her head “no” this month. At first I think she was just doing it because it was a way for her to respond to her sister when Sierra would say, “Chyler, can you say ‘no’?” But now she seems to be doing it more often and any time she hears me say the word no. It is very cute and might possibly be her first word once she does start talking. She also knows and responds to her name now. This is also very cute and helpful for when Mama wants to get her attention.


Chyler still loves to sleep (sleeping in until about 9am and take one long nap, most days). Sierra started 1 nap around 10 months old and I know most children take 2 naps until they are way past 12 months old but because my girls sleep so long in the morning, they end up taking one long nap in the afternoon and then I just have to push them until bed time. If we are getting up early for something or when we are traveling and her schedule is off, she will do two naps, but most days it is just one nap a day. It isn’t really a big deal for me or something that I stress about because she is such a good sleeper. When she needs to rest, she just goes in her crib and away she sleeps. She is not a sleep-fighter. Thank God!

Hanging out in the sling at the State Fair. It was nap time, but she still tolerated it so well

She is still sucking her thumb and it is only the left thumb which I think is funny. She also still sleeps with her pacifier, but I am not sure that she actually uses it. She likes to hold it while she sucks on her thumb and sleeps. Funny little girl.

Very happy to be strolling through the Botanical Gardens
Playing in her walker. She loves to have her feet on the ground :)


This month also marked a big milestone – Chyler got her 1st two bottom teeth!!!!!! I was both surprised and excited when I saw them popping through. I knew that she had been teething with the drool and the fussiness, prior to me putting a Baltic Amber Teething Necklace on her. But after I had put the necklace on her, I really hadn’t noticed any more symptoms and then boom, new teeth! She is really growing up and I am going to miss those gummy grins.

Trying to get a shot of the new teeth, no luck, but I promise they are in there!

All and all, Chyler is a very content, happy, and giggly little girl. She seems to be a much quieter spirit than her big sister was at this age, but oh how we love her just the way she is. We think she is just perfect and we are excited to be her parents, teach her more about Jesus, and watch her grow up. Chyler Anne, Mama and Daddy love you so very much. You are growing so fast. You are prefect and precious to us!!! Thank you Lord for blessing us with her life!

Sweet girl!

Love that precious face! 


No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017