Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In the News: Breastfeeding

Good Morning America aired an interesting segment yesterday morning on Breastfeeding. I thought some of you might like to see it. Click HERE to watch the video clip. Although I do not necessarily agree with “cross nursing” as they discuss here, I always think it is wonderful when the media makes a point to discuss breastfeeding and the benefits of it.

I recently was at an event and when it came time to nurse, my mother (who did not breastfeed, but is very supportive of my decision to nurse Sierra) sweetly suggested that I go in another room to feed her; because there were many other women there who may not feel comfortable with me breastfeeding in front of them. I know and understand that this is often the case, people feel extremely uncomfortable when they see a mother nursing. Thus, I get very excited when the media portrays nursing in a positive light. My sister describes me as being very passionate about breastfeeding, and I would agree with that. It is my daily prayer that there will be more coverage done about breastfeeding and the overwhelming benefits of it.

Nursing Sierra for the past 3 ½ months is by far the best decision I have made as a mother so far.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017