Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Knitting


On Monday night Jenny invited me to go to a knitting class with her. I thought about how when I was little my mother had taught us to do cross stitches and I have always been the creative type, into pottery and painting, etc. If fisher-price made an art "toy" in the 80's, I usually ended up with it at Christmas time. So, I was very excited to go with Jenny, besides the place is called "KnitWits" and I thought that sounded very "Jenny and Karen Appropriate".

We went and we learned how to knit!!! We started off making headbands (the ones that wrap all the way around your head) and next week I think we are making a scarf. I am excited about acquiring a new talent and it wasn't hard at all, who knows, maybe after the scarf I can
make some baby booties, and a baby hat, and a baby sweater...notice a trend?

Rumor has it that my husband, at one time, was a good knitter himself (Judy really needed to have a girl, it seems). So, when no one is looking, he has been giving me some tips. I am not sure if this is going to become a life long hobby or not. I haven't gotten fast enough at it to see a result that I like and that allows me to get bored too easily, but we shall see. :) It is only a two week class, so we will go back next Monday and learn some more -now learning, I do LOVE to do that!

Here is my headband so far.... :)


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Sounds fun! I will be expecting a nice knitted sweater for Christmas now! :-)

Love you!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017