Friday, April 25, 2008

2 Week Check-up & Footprints on a Wall

Sierra went for her 2 week check-up on Thursday! She is doing wonderfully!!! Everything checked out great and when we put her on the scale, we discovered that she had gained 1 pound in 1 week! :) She is now 8 pounds, 6 ounces. I could tell she was feeling heavier and I know that she is a great eater, but I didn't think she would weigh that much already. Looks like her mommy's milk is pretty good stuff! :) She is so cute and wonderful! Of course, we think she is simply perfect! :)

After her check-up, we went to the midwifery center for my 2 week check-up. Just like Sierra, I am doing great and healing wonderfully. Our midwife said she could tell that I have been taking good care of myself. Much thanks for that goes to my husband who won't let me do that much and makes sure to let me know when he thinks I am over doing it. At our appointment though, I was given the "ok" to start walking more and to start doing sit-ups. Hopefully I can get my belly muscles back in shape (ready for the next time I need to push out another baby). :) Not that I had a six-pack before I got pregnant, but getting rid of this little belly pouch would be nice.

Also while we were at the midwifery center, Sierra got her footprints painted on the wall! :) It is a tradition at the center to place the footprints of all the babies born in the center on the walls. Even though we had to "risk out" of the center because my labor was not progressing, they still consider Sierra a "Midwifery Center baby" and her life is celebrated by placing her feet on the wall. Her feet are so perfect and cute and surprisingly rather small looking compared to other feet on the wall. After we put her footprints on the wall, Nell, our midwife, said that she thinks Sierra's feet are the most perfect feet she has ever put on the wall. Of course, we agree. :) I took pictures of the event...Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving the footprints on the wall, that is kind of a neat idea!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017