Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

It never ceases to amaze me how much kids imitate their parents/peers. I remember people used to say that about their own kids before I, myself was a mother and I always kind of thought it was just an exaggeration. I have quickly learned that there is a lot of truth behind the statement "Monkey See, Monkey Do!" Chyler certainly is our little monkey and I call her that quite often. I think she has been climbing things (something Sierra did not do until over 2 years old) around the same time that she learned to walk and she loves to jump, swing, twirl, always moving! The kid even had a perfected somersault at 1.5 years old, and that is no exaggeration! She is certainly a little monkey.

So anyway, back to the point of the saying...our girls are definite imitators and everything is fair game for them to do so. This is one of the reasons why I am thankful we live in a home where dirty words or unwholesome words are very rarely said. It isn't just words though, it is actions too. And just the other day, Chyler decided she was going to act out something that she has seen her mama do over 100 times now. :) I personally think it is totally adorable and also I am grateful that they are learning at an early age that babies are fed with Mama's milk. I am certainly not a crazy anti-formula lady, but I do feel strongly about what I give to MY babies and I want my 3 little princesses to learn the true value of why God gave women breasts and what they are used for. I do believe we are giving them a great foundation in that.














Here's our little Sierra "nursing" her baby at this same age! :)



No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Related Posts with Thumbnails
ALL CONTENT © karen miller, 2007-2017